Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Stir-Fried Bok Choy

I bought a whole bunch of bok choy the other day so that I could juice it.  It has been in the refrigerator for a while now, and I just can't bring myself to juice it!  I think that I don't want to juice it because I want to make something new and awesome with it! 

I spent a month in China while on the World Race and we ate a lot of bok choy.  We would go to this one little restaurant on the side of the street that had tarps for walls and they made us bok choy soup.  It was quite spicy, but after a month it was one of my favorite places to eat.  Thinking about bok choy reminds me about that month.   

I looked around for a recipe that uses bok choy and this is one that looked good to me, Chris and I made it tonight, and we both really liked it.  It has a very nice ginger flavor.  Plus, there was very little preparation work and it was a pretty quick meal to make.

Recipe for Stir-Fried Bok Choy Over Rice

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
8 cups chopped fresh bok choy (I used 2 heads/bunches)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Salt and ground black pepper
4 servings of instant rice prepared according to package directions


Directions:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Add bok choy and soy sauce cook 3 to 5 minutes, until greens are wilted and stalks are crisp-tender. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Serve over prepared rice.


Recipe Credit:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/robin-miller/stir-fried-bok-choy-with-ginger-and-garlic-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment