Sunday, May 5, 2013

Roasted Vegetables

This is one of my new favorite things to do.  I learned this trick from a friend: buy a lot of vegetable you've never really eaten and roast them all together.  It is amazing.  This is a great way to eat vegetable that you wouldn't normally try.  I don't think I had ever eaten a brussel sprout and I had probably not ever heard of a parsnip before this.


Recipe for Roasted Vegetables

Note: These directions are for the roasted vegetable in the picture above, please add or subtract things as you feel necessary.  I have made several varieties of vegetables, and they are always good.

Ingredients:
Brussel Sprouts
Parsnips
Beets
Carrots
Onions
Artichokes
Garlic

Directions:
1. Cut up all vegetables into bite-sized pieces
2. Put in large pan with 2-4 Tbsp olive oil
3. Add any spices you like (for example, pepper, lemon pepper, salt, oregano, basil, etc.)
4. Bake for 1 hour in 375 degree oven, or until soft all the way through and as blackened as you prefer.

Recipe Credit:
Nicki!

No comments:

Post a Comment